Take 5: 5 Clean Ways to Boost Immunity Going Into Flu and Cold Season
by Erin Fabio on Oct 23, 2020
With cold and flu season on the horizon (during an already wonky year to say the least!), we’re looking for clean and natural ways to keep ourselves in tip top immunity shape.
P.S. Your immune system will thank you.
- Get enough sleep. It’s never too late to get your quarantine sleep schedule under control. Experts recommend healthy adults need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep each night. Is working from home interrupting your schedule? Two naps a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, might be enough to keep the doctor away.
- Eat more healthy fats. Yes luv, you heard that right — go ahead and order the avocado toast. Healthy fats may boost your body’s immune response to pathogens by decreasing inflammation.
- Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated helps your body naturally eliminate toxins and other bacteria that may cause illness. Plus, glowing skin, healthy hair, and strong nails aren’t too shabby either.
- Wash your hands & sanitize! You know the drill by now - wash your hands frequently with warm water & soap for at least 20 seconds. And when you can’t, or need an extra burst of germ-killing help, use a hydrating hand sanitizer like our OLIKA Clip On - a hand sanitizer keychain that lets you sanitize on the go. The answer to hand sanitizer vs. hand washing is both!
- Get moving. Boost your blood flow and send your white blood cells into high speed production, arming your immune system with new soldiers. If at-home workouts aren’t for you, try taking a hike to safely catch up with a friend and ground yourself in nature.